* The study of music raises GPAs and standardized test scores such as the FCAT.
* Music study transforms students into flexible, multi-dimensional people.
* Music develops spatial intelligence critical to excelling in mathematics.
* Musical training develops the brain’s language-processing circuitry.
* Through music, students learn the value of sustained effort.
* Expressing oneself musically builds self-esteem.
* The musical arts promote empathy and compassion, bridging cultural chasms and contributing to positive character development.
* Music study enhances teamwork skills and discipline.
* Music performance helps young people conquer fear and rise to their full potential.
* Supporting the best of today’s young musicians ensures the survival of classical music traditions that are the hallmark of a cultured society.